Carah Medical Arts needs a community of people and organizations who perceive a need for the kind of health care offered by Carah Medical Arts and who are willing to support it in different ways, including economically. This kind of medicine is not sustainable within the insurance system.
We hope you will join us in this exciting new initiative!
Already a Patient Member? Make an appointment here!
Patient members have access to two board-certified family physicians for office visits, phone calls, and after-hours phone availability without additional cost, and to significantly reduced prices for remedies and osteopathic manual therapy. Office visits for non-acute issues are between 25 and 85 minutes. Please note that, per IRS regulations, membership fees are currently not eligible as HSA/HRA expenses.
You can sign up as a Patient Member under the New Patients tab under "Join Us".
- One-time enrollment fee: $50 per household
- Standard membership fee per person: $75 per month / $900 per year
- Reduced membership fee per person: $60 per month / $720 per year (available for people who cannot afford the standard membership fee)
- Membership fee per child: $35 per month / $420 per year (available if another family member contributes at one of the membership levels above; for children age 19-26 who are full time students with financial need, this fee can also apply)
- If the reduced membership fee is a financial hardship for you, you can apply for support through the Solidarity Fund.
- Supply fee for procedures like biopsies, laceration repair and injections: $5
- Hourly rate for osteopathic manual therapy: $150 (vs. a local rate of $300)
Patient memberships can be combined with high-deductible insurance plans by patients. The savings in premiums can go towards the membership fee and be used in case more advanced care is needed.
A portion of all membership contributions at the levels described above is allocated to a Solidarity Fund. In addition, the Solidarity Fund receives donations from individuals and organizations wishing to support access to holistic primary care for low income individuals and families. Individuals and families who are unable to afford the reduced membership rate may apply for financial support through Carah Medical Arts’ Solidarity Fund. Based on a case-by-case needs assessment, financial support of up to 100% is available. It is our goal to enable everyone interested in the care available at our clinic to become a Patient Member, regardless of ability to pay. However, availability of financial support is limited by the funds available in the Solidarity Fund at any given time. You can download the Solidarity Fund Application here.
You may download a copy of our Patient Notice of Privacy Practices here.